Welcome to Karunashraya
Abode for terminally ill cancer patients.
Bangalore Hospice Trust – Karunashraya is a joint project of the Indian Cancer Society (Karnataka Chapter) and the Rotary Club of Bangalore Indiranagar, to provide free professional palliative care for advanced stage cancer patients who are beyond cure.
What is Palliative care?
Palliative care is an approach that improves the quality of life of patients and their families, facing problems associated with life-threatening illness, through the prevention and relief of suffering by means of early identification and impeccable assessment and treatment of pain and other problems, physical, psychosocial and spiritual.
What is Hospice care?
HOSPICE CARE – a kind of care where supportive/palliative treatment is given to terminally ill patients. Medical, nursing and psychosocial care is provided. Hospices provide a range of services which include pain and symptom control, psychological and social support, rehabilitation complementary therapies, counseling, spiritual care, practical and financial advice, and support in bereavement.
- We will provide the highest quality in-patient and home-based palliative care, free of cost, to people with a life-limiting illness
- Continuously improve the quality of palliative care provided through research, training and innovation
- Play a lead role in advocacy of palliative care
To provide compassionate palliative care for people with a life-limiting illness, and for those important to them, through quality medical, emotional, spiritual and social support.
Funded by you
Karunashraya Hospice receives less than 20% funding from the different foundations. The remaining 80% comes from the kind donations made by Individuals like you. Please continue to show your support so that we can continue to provide the best professional palliative care for our patients and families. Thank you for your kindness
Our aim is to make sure that everyone with advanced stage cancer gets the very best care, and we believe hospices are critical to achieving this. The support we give to hospices is aimed at giving them the skills and expertise they need to provide the best possible care, as well as equipping them with the resources needed to run and grow their services.